Your smile reflects the level of confidence in you. Some people are forced to cover their mouth while talking or smiling because something is ruining their confidence. Metal braces have been used since decades. They are believed to be the most trustworthy solution for crooked teeth.
Metal braces are opaque and are quite prominent. It looks untidy when you have braces in your mouth. Moreover, these braces aren’t allowed to be removed even while eating or brushing. This means when you eat something soft there are chances that it can get stuck in your braces without your knowledge. Being unaware, about it, you meet people making them feel awkward.
Metal braces take away the confidence of many kids and youngsters, which is why invisible braces were launched. The best part of invisible braces is that they can be detached before eating, brushing or flossing. This means, you will have healthy and shining teeth when required. As they aren’t visible, you can smile broad without any embarrassment.
Although there are many brands in this competition, but the best brand in invisible braces is Invisalign.
There are various reasons why your doctor may suggest transparent braces –
- Since it is made of plastic while chewing or biting, the braces don’t hurt like metal braces.
- It helps in improving your appearance.
- Since metal braces weren’t removed patients had to visit their doctors frequently for cleaning, but in case of transparent braces people can take care of their oral health at home.
- The functions of these braces are also same as metal braces to bring back teeth in proper alignment and to avoid any further damage and gum infection.
- Clear braces cover your teeth completely, which avoids any kind of wear and tear of teeth tip.
The cost of transparent braces is higher from normal metal braces. The number of braces required during alignment would determine the cost of your treatment. Also, not forgetting the dental visit, fees and transportation cost.
We know the reason why we need braces. It is difficult to remove bacteria from crooked teeth. They multiply and lead to plaque and gum infection and bleeding. If crooked teeth are not treated immediately then in future you might have to pay thousands of dollars to get yourself treated.
It is completely you and your orthodontist’s decision as to which treatment is better for you. If you trust your dentist then don’t impose your decision on him or her. They want your better health and they have been in this profession for years.