Back pain has become a common problem due to hectic routine and health conditions. While the pain might be just muscle tenderness, sometimes a severe ache gets in the way of our active life. Thus, we have got the quick and effective home remedies that will answer your aching question: how to cure back pain?
Home remedies on how to get rid of back pain:
- Massage with natural oils works wonders on aching muscles and helps soothe the pain.
Mix camphor in coconut oil and boil the mixture for 5 minutes. Cool it and massage twice a week before bed to get rid of backache.
- Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil in lukewarm water before taking a bath. It will help you get rid of not only backache but also body pain. Taking a bath with eucalyptus oil in it will help you relieve your stress as well.
- Fill a tube sock with rice and tie the end of the sock well. Heat it in a microwave or on a gas stove for 3-5 minutes. Put and press the warm sock on the area where you are feeling pain. This is one of the quickest and most effective home remedies on how to cure back pain.
- Applying medicated pain-relieving gels or sprays also helps in quick back pain relief. Just apply a thin film of them to the affected area up to 3-4 times a day and do not forget to wash your hand after application.
- The tight hamstring is a trick that not only will help you cure the ache but also aid you on how to avoid back pain. While many people think stretching with lower back pain is a bad idea, there are some mild stretches that actually help you soothe the pain. Do the hamstring stretch for 30 seconds twice a day and you will have your backache healed.
- Hot and cold therapy works wonder on backache as well as inflammation. You can either wrap ice cubes in a cloth or use a bag of frozen peas. As for heat therapy, you can use a warm cloth or take a warm bath or shower. While using hot and cold therapy, use the application no more than 15-20 minutes to help protect your skin from permanent damage.
Lower back pain can come in the way of your active, healthy life, forcing you to slow down. With these easy home remedies, you can aid your lower back pain quickly and effectively at home. In case of severe backache taking pain medication can be your option but consult your doctor before, taking any pain meds as they can seriously affect your health.